The Social Sciences Academic Resource Center (SSARC) sponsors two certificates certificate programs to enrich your experience here within the School of Social Sciences!
Our research certificate has requirements that can be completed at the discretion of the student. The requirements and applications for certification are provided below. To apply, you will be asked to sign-in to Google in order to submit a file upload. If you have any questions about applicable coursework, please contact the SSARC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Social Science Public Speaking Program
Join our flexible year long program that provides students with skills to inform, influence, and motivate their audience while encouraging self-confidence and self-efficacy as public speakers through a series of interactive workshops.
- Build more confidence for various public settings
- Engage audiences throughout future presentations
- Understand how to manage stress, anxiety, and confidence
- Identify specific strategies to promote effective delivery
Any undergraduate student in the School of Social Sciences may participate in as many sessions and presentations as they choose. However, students who complete four of the five general sessions and complete three 5-minute presentations during the academic year will receive a certificate. Academic credit is not applicable to this program. Sign-ups are currently available! For any further questions, please email email@example.com.
- Attendance and participation at four of the five general sessions in the series:
- Introduction to Public Speaking (required)
- Building Confidence in Public Speaking
- Stage Presence and Movement
- Using Emotion, Tone, and Pace
- Connecting to your Audience with Charisma
- Completion of three 5-minute presentations
PSP Schedule for Fall 2019
- Week 2 | Introduction to Public Speaking
- Required session for PSP certificate completion
- Week 3 | Building Confidence in Public Speaking
- Week 4 | Let's Practice! Learn to Speak on a Whim
- Week 5 | Stage Presence and Movement
- Week 6 | Using Emotion, Tone, and Pace
- Week 7 | Connecting to your Audience with Charisma
- Week 8 | Let's Practice! Learn to Speak on a Whim
Social Sciences Certificates
Departments within Social Sciences may also have certificates that are available for you to accomplish. Each certificate will outline courses to complete and other requirements. See the list below for available certificates: