SSARC Involvement Become a SSARC intern!
Are you interested in leadership and professional communication? Want to assist your fellow peers through becoming involved in Social Sciences? Apply today to be a SSARC Intern!
- Applications are due April 21, 2017
- Preference for students holding a 3.0 GPA
- Open to Social Science Majors ONLY
- Include a resume with your application
- Manage assigned units within SSARC to learn and gain practical knowledge in Campus Involvement, Research, Graduate School, Professional Development, or Marketing.
- Present and/or facilitate various skill-based workshops and information/recruitment sessions related to post-baccalaureate preparation and placement
- Assist undergraduate students in matters of internship search, graduate school applications, and research opportunities
- Participate in training seminars prior to employment and throughout the term of employment
- Provide assistance and administrative duties in data collection, event planning, and marketing
- Enroll in Social Science 194 for 4 units P/NP
- Year-Long Appointment
- Flexible 10 hours/week commitment
- Must attend all weekly meetings and most planned events
- Mandatory Summer Training and supplementary Spring Orientation
- Develop knowledge about career development and graduate school preparation
- Learn about many different resources in our school and campus as a whole
- Gain team building skills through various training and development strategies
- Obtain strong leadership, management, and program development skills
- Improve and refine public speaking and virtual communication skills
- Increase self-efficacy and confidence in management and leadership skills
Please contact us at email@example.com for further questions.