About the Program
The Social Science Public Speaking Program is a quarter long program that provides students with skills to inform, influence, and motivate their audience while encouraging self-confidence and self-efficacy as public speakers through a series of interactive workshops. Participants that attend all sessions during the 8-week program will receive a certificate at the end of the quarter. Academic credit is not applicable to this program.
- Build more confidence for various public settings
- Engage audiences throughout future presentations
- Understand how to manage stress, anxiety, and confidence
- Identify specific strategies to promote effective delivery
- Current UCI Students
- Open only to Social Science Majors
- Attend all 8 sessions in the series
- Complete all scheduled presentations
Wednesdays | Winter 2019 | 5:00pm - 6:00pm
Location: SBSG 1200
Below will be a list of all the topics we will discuss throughout the quarter. Sessions will begin Week 2.
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Building Confidence in Public Speaking
- Stage Presence and Movement
- Using Emotion, Tone, and Pace
- Connecting to your Audience with Charisma
Sign-ups available late Fall 2018. There will be limited seating. Updates will be emailed to you periodically. For any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.