About the Program
The Social Science Public Speaking Program is a quarter long program that provides students with skills to inform, influence, and motivate their audience while encouraging self-confidence and self-efficacy as public speakers through a series of interactive workshops. Participants that attend all sessions during the 8-week program will receive a certificate at the end of the quarter. Academic credit is not applicable to this program.
After completing the program, participants will be able to:
- Speak with more confidence in various public settings
- Integrate various techniques to enhance presentation delivery
- Engage audiences throughout future presentations
- Use visual aids to compliment presentation content effectively
- Address and understand how to manage stress, anxiety, and confidence issues
- Identify specific public speaking strategies that promote effective delivery
- Open to all Majors within School of Social Sciences
- Attend all 8 sessions in the series
- Complete 3 scheduled 5 minute presentations (Session 4, 6, & 8)
Will return Winter 2018
Below will be a list of the sessions that will be held throughout the quarter. Sessions will begin Week 2.
- Session 1 - Introduction to Public Speaking
- Session 2 - Building Confidence in Public Speaking
- Session 3 - Stage Presence and Movement
- Session 4 - Presentation 1 - Story Telling
- Session 5 - Using Emotion, Tone, and Pace
- Session 6 - Presentation 2 - Motivation Speech
- Session 7 - Connecting to your Audience with Charisma
- Session 8 - Presentation 3 - Workshop Practice
If you are interested in attending our program, please click here to fill out a sign-up form for the program. Updates will be emailed to you periodically. For any further questions, please email email@example.com.